Tuesday 27 March 2018

Make Waves

There's something scary on this card - can you spot what it is?

It's not the mermaid (well, I don't think she's scary) - she is from a dingbats font that I bought from the Silhouette store, I printed her onto cardstock and coloured her with Promarkers. I put shimmer pen on her tail and made scales with a white gel pen. I masked her and sprayed the background with a mixture of Cosmic Shimmer and Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays - when I was mixing them together I managed to knock one of them over and I now have very blue fingers . (Messy but not scary.)

Next I stamped an Inkylicious texture stamp in grey ink and added pink Liquid Pearls. The 'Make Waves' sentiment was from the same dingbats font as the mermaid and I cut it on the Silhouette. But I wanted it to say 'Be a mermaid - make waves' and I didn't have anything that said 'be a mermaid' so I picked up a pen and wrote it! I put my handwriting on my card! That's scary!

I'd like to enter:
As you See It  colours
Pause Dream Enjoy picture
Cardz 4Galz nautical



9 comments:

Jan Clothier said...

Love your sprayed and stamped background - it's awesome! The handwriting might be scary from your side of things but to me it's just brave - and it worked! Thanks for joining us at As You See It Challenge.

Janis Lewis said...

Beautiful card and sentiment! Thanks for sharing with us at Pause Dream Enjoy and at Cardz 4 Galz.

Sarah said...

The card is beautiful! X

Puppy Kisses and Paper Dreams said...

There is nothing scary about this card or your handwriting! What a great idea to use your own handwriting for just the perfect sentiment! I love your background too - absolutely gorgeous. And, great job on making the scales on the mermaid's tail. Such a fun and flirty card. I hope she keeps making waves! Thanks so much for sharing your nautical card with us at Cardz 4 Galz - Chris, DT

LeAnne said...

LOL, I would never have known that you hand-wrote your sentiment...it looks perfect! What a cute way to incorporate our colors! Your mermaid is very sweet and that background is amazing! You're very creative! Thanks for playing with As You See It this week!

Karen Dunbrook said...

such an adorable card.
:) Karen

Heather Cooper said...

I love the whole idea of "Be a Mermaid! Make Waves!" And the fact that you hand lettered the first part caused huge ripples in my mind - i.e. mind blown! Your mermaid is cute but the background is amazing, incorporating all the colours of the challenge! Thanks for joining us at As You See It Challenge!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Love this pretty card you created!

Mimi said...

You crack me up... here I was looking closely for some stamper's nightmare (stamp drop? Smear?) and nothin'... then you say it's your handwriting??? STOP IT! It's just perfect! And how convenient, huh, that you already have the entire font pre-loaded! :) Cute card.