Saturday 22 July 2017

Peace and Love


I bought the MFT Deer Friends set when it was first released and since then I've been totally stumped as to how to use it!  I've had a few attempts at using it but always dumped the results. So I was thinking of getting rid of the set.

I often have Youtube on in the background while I craft and I noticed that the designers demoing MFT 's releases tend to use a lot of dies with the stamps. I have a Silhouette so I very rarely buy dies but I decided to look through my cutting files and see if anything sparked.

This set - a frame, a banner and a flower (which I didn't use) were, I think, a free set from Silhouette. I stamped the deer and sentiment (Hero Arts)  in dark brown ink . I cut the frame out of glitter card and made a background using Distress Oxide ink and pearl water,  Then I added snowfall acetate behind the frame.

I'd like to enter:
Cut it Up  Christmas
4 Crafty Chicks blue Christmas
Happy Little Stampers  Christmas  die cuts
Tic Tac Toe Challenge  acetate, critter, die-cut



4 CC Golden Egg Award

13 comments:

chrissie said...

You have got the right combo here for sure it has made a beautiful winter scene

Love Chrissie xx

Mac Mable said...

You've made a great job of combining the cuts with the stamps. Great little scene and such a pretty Christmas card x

Sarah said...

What sweet! Nice!

Donna said...

This is just gorgeous, you must be so glad you kept this set!

Tamie said...

Loving your banner with the wonderful sentiment and the awesome deer. The oval is super cute and the sparkling blue is simply perfect. Thank you so much for sharing your awesome creation with us at 4 Crafty Chicks Blue Christmas Challenge.

Tamie DT

Rosanne Mulhern said...

What a darling card, Marina. So glad you didn't dump the deer! Thanks for joining us at the Tic Tac Toe challenge.

Nonni said...

Wow Marina, you've put these deers to good use! This composition looks fantastic, great idea to use lots of dies. I love your color palette too. Thanks for joining the HLS July Christmas challenge!

Unknown said...

Marina,
My kinda creation I love the scene you created with the deer. Such a great masculine card. So happy you joined us this week over at the Tic Tac Toe challenge this week.

SewPaperPaint said...

GORGEOUS! Love the deer and beautiful frame. Hugs, Autumn

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

Fantastic creation! I always love scene cards, and this one is so peaceful. Thanks for joining us for our Christmas in July challenge at Cut it Up!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Teresa-WCS said...

What an adorable card! It is cool to know I'm not the only one who listens to YouTube videos in the background while crafting. Thank you for playing with us at Tic Tac Toe Challenge this week!

Pia S said...

I love deer on Christmas cards and this whimsical pair is really to my taste. it's a great card and I saw it being picked either winner or top 3 somewhere today, congrats!

Linda said...

This looks so cute .... love the deer. Thank you for playing along with the HLS Christmas challenge xx