Tuesday 30 May 2017

City Crafter - Out of this World (and Pro-Am showdown # 4)


I have chosen this week's challenge at City Crafter  and the theme is 'Out of This World' -  make a project on the theme of outer space, the planets or stars - or use the phrase, 'out of this world'.



For my DT project I decided to use my self-imposed challenge - Pro -Am Showdown.  (which I seem to be well behind with btw)  and take inspiration from a commercially produced (or 'pro') card. And here is the card:
The professional card that inspired me
This birthday card was received by my  son, and I love the colour scheme and the retro space theme. 

For my card, I used stamps from two Gerda Steiner sets (the alien and the spaceship) ,star stamps (a mix of sets) sentiment (Clearly Besotted) and a star embossing folder . 

Lots of stamp companies have bought out space-themed sets recently, so , if you've bought them or if you want to get creative with old stash, I'd love to see you enter your project at City Crafter. 

I'd like to enter:
Crazy Challenge  birthday 
Cards 4 Guyz fave colour combo 
Mod Squad  birthday 

12 comments:

chrissie said...

Fantastic card and great theme choice

Love Chrissie xx

Jane Willis said...

Brilliant card, I love the way you have CASEd a bought one - yours is much nicer! Thanks for sharing at Cardz 4 Guyz
Jane

Julie B said...

Super card Marina and a fun CASE of the bought card.That's a great idea for a challenge theme!
Thanks for sharing at Cardz4Guyz. :)

Maria said...

Wonderful space card, super cute!!

Mac Mable said...

Fun card with fun colours and great take on the bought card x

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Super fun!

Diane said...

Super cute card design.

Hugs Diane

Ros Crawford said...

Super challenge Marina and what a fun card!

Pia S said...

I really like this color combo, suits the theme too. It's a great alternative, one I keep forgetting, to use colored inks instead of coloring to bring color to a design...

12thecraftstudio said...

Love these stamps! Lovely card.

Sarah said...

Nice challenge. I am in!
Funny card!

Stella said...

I love your take on the theme! I stayed in my comfort zone and used stars:)