Saturday 18 January 2014

Inkspirational Challenge 48 - The Firebird


We have a picture challenge at Inkspirational  today and here's the picture, a fairytale illustration by Dulac.

I used a stamp by Basic Grey. I created the background by using inks and stamps on pearlescent card. There's a scrap of the gold patterned paper that I also used in my last Inkspirational DT card - I love it so I'm eking it out! 

Check out the Inkspirational DT posts. They all picked out different things from the picture, such as the trees or the bird.  Come over to Inkspirational and show us how this picture inspires you. 

I'd like to enter:
Our Creative Corner- shopping sins. (I'm always buying stamps. I've had the bird stamp for years but it's the first time I've used it!) 
Brown Sugar Anything Goes 

11 comments:

Nonni said...

Beautiful card, Marina! I love the elegant look of this, all the swirls and the bird stamp. Very pretty!

chrissie said...

This is terrific Marina. Love the image you used and the patterned layers.

Chrissie x

Claudia N. said...

A beautiful beautiful make!
LOVE that the papers match the bird theme and stamp! Cleverly done and with a lot of thought! A very delicate card!

Thank you for sharing it with us at OurCreativeCorner!

Claudia x

sandie said...

really gorgeous stamp and I love the coloured background and perfectly placed gems x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful use of the patterned papers Marina. The dragon is fabulous with the little touches of bling!
- Shauna

Rossella said...

A truly stunning card thank you for sharing with us at Make My Monday this week
Rosie x

Yvonne Garner said...

Truly exotic Marina! It is hard to beat black and gold. It adds so much drama. Bravo! Hugs, Yvonne

JayBe said...

A fantastic stamp and great interpretation of the photo. Thanx for sharing with us Make My Monday.
Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

Nikki Stalker said...

Love creation Marina. That image is gorgeous.

Nikki

Pia S said...

I love the photo, there are so many things on there to pick inspiration from! Your card is so elegant! Love the luxurious feel of this card, the bird looks fab against the the red inked background, and the black and gold details are perfect with this design!

Words and Pictures said...

Wow - he's amazing, and I love the added gems. I hear you on the stamp-buying - there are just too many to use now. Never enough time!! Thanks for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner.
Alison x