Wednesday 17 July 2013

Inkspirational Challenge 29 CASE


Firstly, let me apologise that this photo is a bit shadowy. I thought I'd  take it again in better light but when I went to get it from where I'd left it (lying around in the spare room) someone had touched it with dirty fingers! I think it's time to get some of those cello bags and actually put things away safely.

Anyway , this is my DT project for Inkspirational Challenges and this week we have a CASE for you and here it is:
The original is by Ellen Parker  the co-owner of  Inkspirational Challenges.

For me, this is quite representational of the gorgeous cards that Ellen makes and I wanted to steal some of her style on my card, although it's quite a different look for me.

I used a butterfly digi by this month's sponsors , A Day for Daisies and I inked it, layered it twice and added glossy black enamel to the body and gold glitter to the edges of the wings. The doily was cut on the Silhouette Cameo. Both sentiments are stamps by Papermania (I think) .

Come and join us at Inkspirational Challenges! 
I'd also like to enter:
Incy Wincy Designs Things with wings
Pink Elephant Challenge Feminine Birthday 
A Day for Daisies Challenge Use a die cut 

12 comments:

sandie said...

Hi Marina

I love this butterfly, the added gold really works with your colours. How are you coping in this London heat!!

Mynn xx said...

SO gorgeous, Marina! LOVE the doily die cut you used and the lovely vintage feel!!! HUGS and hope you're having a great week! :)

Zoe said...

Oh I love this, thank you for joining in Rhedd and Rosie's challenge, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xx

Beccalite said...

This is so lovely, I like you had to invest in some cello bags for the same reason lol.

Thank you for coming over and joining in with us on our 11th Challenge at Rhedd & Rosies Challenge Blog.

Great Big Huge Hugs

Becca xxx (DT member Rhedd & Rosie Challenge Blog)

Michelle J M said...

Oh this is lovely Marina. A real vintage feel about it. That doily is super. I too had messed up cards so invested in some cellophane bags and it makes a world of difference! Michelle x

Kylie said...

Beautiful CASE! I love the layers you created and the colours are stunning xx

Ruth M said...

Marina, this is so beautiful, what a wonderful CASE of Ellen's card! Fab accent details - the glass butterfly embellie is so pretty and I love the leafy doily! Ruth x

Anonymous said...

Very pretty Marina. Your colors are great and I like that layered butterfly!
- Shauna

Sherry Eckblad said...

Love the gold on the wings and the details of your card. Thanks for joining us at A Day for Daisies.

Pia S said...

You've made a lovely version of Ellen's card. The butterfly looks beautiful against the die cut doily. Classy and elegant!

Unknown said...

That doily cut is beautiful! Love the gold on the butterfly. Beautiful CASE of my card!

Tina said...

Stunning, love the butterfly and the colours you have used. thanks for joining us at Rhedd and Rosies. Hugs Tina (DT) x