Thursday 26 July 2012

Messy and Inky


I’ve not had much crafty time this week but what little I’ve had has been spent following Fashionable Stamping Challenges' call  “Let’s get messy and inky”.

This wasn’t my first attempt … you can see a couple of my rejects below.

For this card I dug out my Posh Impression inks that, I must confess, are hardly used. They come with a hard sponge and, while it all seemed a good idea at the time, I’ve always found the inks too intense.

For this background I used 3 Posh inks and slapped them on with a brayer . I stamped on top (Kanban) and added silver edging and self-adhesive gems.

 
These are two of my rejects. I really like the sunset one but the silhouette is a bit splodgy – I always have this problem with this particular stamp. The sunset is made from alcohol inks and the layered background is the Posh inks. 

The other card was an attempt at ‘Joseph’s Coat’ technique over alcohol inks.  I need to do some more experimenting with this as I didn’t feel there was enough definition on the fish.

 As well as Fashionable Stamping Challenges, I’d like to enter the butterfly card for:

Creative Card Crew  Black cardstock

Hotshot Craft Kanban

8 comments:

FiLoMa said...

Hi Marina, your cards are beautiful. Love the colour on the butterflies. Thanks for playing along at Creative Card Crew. Cheers FiLoMa DT

chrissie said...

All the cards are terrific but the butterflies one is my favourtie.

Love Chrissie xx

Claire said...

Wow you have been busy and certainly got messy and inky :-)
All your cards are gorgeous, and I'm really impressed with the variety of techniques you've used to create such stunning projects. I'm intrigues by the posh inks, do I need them lol??
Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges
Claire xx

Anonymous said...

Hi
Those inky backgrounds are so beautiful and so elegant, perfect for the stamping that followed.
Thank you for joining us at FSC.
Wishes
Lynne

Words and Pictures said...

Gorgeous butterflies, and I love the colours!
Alison x

Mrs.B said...

This is a gorgeous card, and the background looks lovely,
Thanks for joining us at FSC
Avril x

Shirl said...

Messy and inky is what it's all about Marina and you certainly did that with these gorgeous pieces of artwork. Brilliant.

Thank you for sharing with us at FSC.

Hugs Shirley x x

Fliss said...

These all look lovely Marina and you certainly did have an inky time. Thanks for sharing your creations with FSC.
Fliss x